Spain Document

When presenting a foreign public document before a Government agency, there are many doubts about its legalization and legal validity of its translation. If you need to present a paper in Spain and abroad is required to be legalized, its legalization should be done either through the Apostille of The Hague or through diplomatic channels. Once the document is duly authenticated, shall be translated. To be legally valid it must be done: “In a sworn translator licensed or registered in Spain by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Spanish. “For the Office Language Interpreting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Spanish.

“For any Spanish diplomatic or consular representation abroad. “By the diplomatic or consular of the country from which the document. Another requirement that may be needed when submitting a document abroad and whose translation has been made in Spain by a sworn translator is the legalization of the signature that translator, which must be before a notary or the competent official. Certified translations of English are the most sought after, but since the incorporation of new countries to the European Union, authorized translations in other languages are increasing, especially Romanian certified translations due to the large number of immigrants present in our country. In addition to a certified translation, government agencies may request that, for a foreign document valid in Spain, it is legalized. For any foreign document legally valid in Spain, and unless there is some convention, treaty or international agreement that exempts it is necessary for legalization.

To legalize a document there are two ways: Apostille of The Hague. It is valid for those countries that are signatories to the Convention. The place which the State must document and takes effect before any authority in Spain. The competent officials in Spain to place the Apostille of The Hague on the type of document in question. In connection with a certified translation, the Apostille of The Hague is considered a different document that it accompanies. Diplomatic channels. This is the procedure for non-employee assigned to the Hague Convention. Depending on the nature of the public document to be legalized in Spain, the legalization may be done by the courts or by way of attorney. Judicial review applies to judicial documents (such as orders and judgments) and documents relating to civil status (marriage certificates, death …). The way of attorney applies to any document authorized by a notary, whether original or copy, and legitimization and legalization of signature.